The Center provides informational, educational, and related services to program implementers and other stakeholders to help build capacity and/or achieve specific organizational goals. In the context of the HVC-RC’s research, our technical assistance often involves the delivery of expert programmatic and scientific support to individuals, organizations and communities in the design, implementation and evaluation of HVC programs. Technical assistance is delivered through a range of forums to both governmental entities that shape policy and to the partner organizations that deliver services to HVC directly. Examples include:
- Participating in the Republic of South Africa’s Department of Social Development (DSD) Research Working Group and the National Action Committee for Children Affected by HIV and AIDS (NACCA).
- Providing consultative services to OVC-serving organizations and other local stakeholders to help develop partner-initiated program evaluation efforts or offer expert review of program curriculums and M&E plans.
- Helping program implementing agencies establish or upgrade databases and systems for tracking beneficiaries and services provided.
- Facilitating “Information for Action” workshops where programmers are guided to understand and apply research findings for program enhancement.
- Capacity building initatiatives for local research partners such as targeted training to ensure child-friendly and ethical conduct, data management and quality control in HVC research.
- Compiling literature reviews that synthesize other emerging HVC research, such as evaluation results, innovative research findings and evidence from systematic reviews.